I think this is really great news, I just got a couple of qustions/
assumptions that I would like to see answered. I am working on a
little retweet / relevancy app at http://groovytweets.org, currently
just for the groovy community and I am wondering how the retweet
detection I am doing (with all different formats) will change in
future.

- every tweet will be retweetable using the new API, right? If a tweet
was accepted by twitter, is is 140 chars max and using the api we can
always retweet it. No more chopping of or marking a tweet 'not
retweetable' because it is too long, right?

- to detect a message that has been retweeted, we can just check for
retweet_details in the response. So the question I have (as I am
counting the retweets to bubble up the important stuff as many
here...) is how I detect many retweets. E.g. if a tweet was retweeted
by 2 people, will I see the two original tweets in the home_timeline
and each will have on retweet_details section? Or is there one mesage
with multiple retweet_details sections? If the latter, one tweet with
multiple retweet_details is true, the API has to deliver the tweet
again if new retweets were added, as I am not able to count the total
retweets otherwise... I guess.

- RT @user message will not be converted by twitter to a new 'retweet'
by default, so we will have to support both the old retweet detection
and the new API at the same time. Old clients will stil use the RT
format...

Thanx
Sven