The ReTweet syntax is not that simple though. Some people prefix a tweet
with RT @username, others suffix the tweet with (via @username) and I have
seen people using a unicode recycling symbol to signify the retweet.
Formalising should take issues like that out of the way.

However, I do agree that commenting on retweets is an important part of the
user-made system and it would be sad to see that go, possibly encouraging
people to continue to use the old method.

I like some of the ideas and criticisms that others have made, but I don't
think any are perfect yet (not that I offer any better solutions I'm afraid,
but talk like this can only lead to better ideas and better ways).

Phil
--
Phil Nash

Twitter: http://twitter.com/philnash