I've been using OAuth for more than 3 months now, about 8 hours a day during
the week while at work, using my own library and my own twitter client.
 I've never had an issue with stability.  Now the desktop implementation is
crappy(been posted about 50 billion times), but other than that, I've never
run into issues with OAuth.

Now I don't use search or streaming, though I don't even know if those use
OAuth.

Is there a specific stability issue?

Ryan