On 2/2/2010 5:31 AM, Raffi Krikorian wrote:
    Here's an idea: let's reverse engineer the top desktop and mobile
    Twitter apps and use their oAuth keys to... Oh, wait, my bad: the
    top desktop/mobile apps _don't_ use oAuth and boy will they take a
    UX beating when they start.

    But one day... :)

maybe call me naive, but i for one, am not convinced the oauth
experience has to suck.

as mentioned before, i'm really open to having a discussion on how to
make the oauth UX better.  many people have already, and i encourage
others to just drop me a line if you have ideas...

Given the large number of Twitter desktop clients out there, and I have yet to see one on a mass scale that uses oAuth yet, is the depreciation of Basic auth going to go off when planned?