I think it pretty much depends on what Twitter will require us to do
when following t.co links. On their own website and in their own
Twitter clients I could imagine that they will track link usage from
people clicking on the link (sooner or later.)

If they don't require third party clients to send any user related
info when accessing t.co links, they only have the IP and possibly the
user agent header.

Cheers,
ole @ mobileways.de / @janole on Twitter