Users are accustomed to the fact that use of *free* services is
entirely *as is* and at their own risk, so none of us should feel we
have to protect their privacy or their security beyond this original
expectation.  If they don't like the performance, security, or privacy
implications of this change, they'll leave Twitter, just like they
left Facebook.  But that is ultimately Twitter's responsibility to
control and react to.  Our responsibility is to keep rowing
collectively in the same direction, or get off the boat.  :)