Matt,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm referring to a popup browser window that
displays the full url.  The technique is not designed to mask the
oAuth process, it's designed to improve the experience for the user.
Devs have been using this technique since Twitter released oAuth.

The popup allows the user to remain on the current web page so he or
she isn't jarred through multiple screen changes during a login.  The
Sign in With Twitter button on my blog serves as an example -
http://is.gd/qlpZ4L