On Apr 28, 2011, at 16:02 , Matt Harris wrote:

> We hope you find the new designs more welcoming and friendly. Let us know
> what you think.

Matt,

        I'm speaking as a user but I would like for the user to be able to
separately deny write access to my account. I don't frankly care if the
developer "requires" it. I think most developers just ask for the moon and get
it. Only Twitter can give the user the ability to deny impersonation access on
a per application basis. If the app cannot just run with just read access, then
the user should really know why. In my experience, most developers just use
write access as a mechanism to spread their brand.

Anon,
Andrew
Andrew W. Donoho
Donoho Design Group, L.L.C.
a...@ddg.com, +1 (512) 750-7596, twitter.com/adonoho

"To take no detours from the high road of reason and social responsibility."
    -- Marcus Aurelius