My system has all updates, but this happens also on other machines (I can
put the server in my machine or in other machines and the same happens).

The program runs fine, just the connection isn't closed, you can have many
connections open at the same time, when they are not needed. The strangest
thing is that it happens only in some machines (that's why you're not seeing
it), in IE only and with virtual pages, not document pages.

I tried with a sniffer (PacketMon - do you have one better to recommend?),
but I couldn't find significant differences I could tell.

It's really weird, I'll continue researching, if you have something new or a
new idea, please send it.

Thank you very much for your help

Bruno