Scrive "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

[...]

> However, I wonder how this works in practice.  I
> mean, how do regular browsers deal with it?

Good question. Someone that know the html can prepare a page with a text box
where write the content to send and a post button?
It will be very useful, not only in that case.

> The RFC
> specifically states that if you receive an error
> after the headers, and you used a Content-Length
> header, you MUST (their emphasis) drop the connection.

Should the 401 be considered an error?

> Perhaps it's done with "chunking"?

At this point I would like to see how a browser handle this situation before
going ahead with the component. I'm waiting for an html form :-)

Bye, Maurizio.