Scrive "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> [...]

This will work with Basic bu not with NTLM because (IIRC) the authentication
phase is started by the server with the first 401.

Is there a way to empty the socket buffer?

> Granted, this is not currently supported directly by
> the component, but I don't see a problem in modifying
> it to do this.  By that I mean that it may be a
> challenge to do so, and it may be a hack, but it's
> not insurmountable.

I'm trying to modify directly the component but without success :-(

> Perhaps an event can be triggered after the headers
> are sent and an error response is received.  The
> application can then decide, based on the error code,
> whether to close and retry with authentication
> credentials, or just close and fail.

I think that it must be handled directly by the component. Too difficult if not
impossible to handle when NTLM is involved.

> But this is all in theory, as I haven't seen the
> HttpCli code in a couple of years.

Me too, last time was when was added the content handling.

Bye, Maurizio.