Lotauro[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Sent    : 9/19/2008 10:25:03 AM
>To      : twsocket@elists.org
>Cc      :
>Subject : RE: Re: [twsocket] Early web server response
>
> I cannot close the connection, it will not
> work with NTLM authentication.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand.  I must be missing
something.  As soon as you detect the error response,
you close the socket, then re-connect and re-send the
request with the appropriate authentication header.

Granted, this is not currently supported directly by
the component, but I don't see a problem in modifying
it to do this.  By that I mean that it may be a
challenge to do so, and it may be a hack, but it's
not insurmountable.

Perhaps an event can be triggered after the headers
are sent and an error response is received.  The
application can then decide, based on the error code,
whether to close and retry with authentication
credentials, or just close and fail.

But this is all in theory, as I haven't seen the
HttpCli code in a couple of years.

   -dZ.