Maurizio Lotauro wrote:
> Scrive "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> [...]
>
>> However, I wonder how this works in practice.  I
>> mean, how do regular browsers deal with it?
>
> Good question. Someone that know the html can prepare a page with a
> text box where write the content to send and a post button?
> It will be very useful, not only in that case.

I've uploaded a Wireshark dump file:
http://www.duodata.de/misc/PostAuthLog.zip

It's IE trying to upload a file to IIS 5.1 and basic authentication is
required. Logging stopps when the authentication dialog in IE popped
up. There is no chunked encoding used and the connection isn't closed even
though IE sent the content-length. If anybody can read this log, please
post your ideas.

--
Arno