Dod wrote:
> Hello Arno,
>
> I  thought  ICS  was  based  on OpenSSL as it use the libeay32.dll and
> ssleay32.dll like OpenSSL.exe do.

OpenSSL is a huge crypto library, ICS uses just parts of it. Engines
have been introduced after ICS-SSL started and nobody obviously implemented
it later on. I agree that Engines should be supported, at least the built-in,
static hardware accelerators (as FastStream asked several times), which looks
like an easy enhancement on the first glance.
I'll see if I can add it when I have some minutes left.

> Currently I am able to do a connection using OpenSSL.exe (using pkcs11
> engine)  or sTunnel.exe that is configured with nearly same parameters
> syntax as OpenSSL as it also rely on libeay32 and ssleay32.
>
> I  know that private key cannot be extracted from the SmartCard type I
> use

That's hard to believe, if OpenSSL can read the key, and it must read it,
then it should be possible to write it to a PEM file as well, IMHO.