> Probably, but we really need all three missing BCB versions tested, which
> needs
> someone with all these versions installed, which is not trivial. I have
> Windows
> 7 VM that is currently 120 gigs with 13 (I think) versions of Delphi/BCB
> installed, which I use for testing ICS, it was a pain to set-up, I hope it
> never self destructs so I don't have to start again.

It would be nice to have them all, but having something (like C++Builder XE6
support) is better than not having it I would think, even if XE5 & XE4
packages are missing.

But all I did was basically load the XE3 package, rename it, change the paths
from XE3 to XE6, and comment out some conditions for the cookie component.

Since the components are in Delphi anyway, I would think if they work in
Delphi XE6 then they should work in C++Builder XE6 with minimal issues since
it will use the same compiler as Delphi.

> What actually happens for debug and release builds can be customised, but
> generally release is smaller since there is no debug information in the EXE.

I figured it was something like that... so why do the packages default to
'Debug'? Should this be changed to 'Release' when compiling/installing the
components for real-world use (unless one needs the debug info)? Perhaps any
debug info will be stripped out of final software 'release' builds anyway? I
suppose the concern then would be optimizations... which would probably be
nice to have but probably of little practical significance in most cases.

Albert