What you say is correct Lee.  However those days are gone with GFC for many
large operations.  U2 sales are OEM, people buy the package not the database.
Even Oracle, is doing a major push to attract OEM as their sales future and so
is Microsoft.  Most boards, managers and companies do not even know that they
are running U2, they are running an ERP system, an MRP system, a library
system, etc.  IBM knows it needs to sell through OEM, but it cannot get there.
IBM knows that its market opportunity lies with SME, but does not know how to
deal with them.  Even before GFC sales to large corporations had squeezed.  I
remember something at a Digital sales conference.  The top 20% of their
customers were responsible for 70% of the revenue, however the other 80% were
responsible for all the profit.  The problem with big sites, is that sales had
little margin, as the company wanted to say that they had these guys as
customers.

With the GFC, managers are looking more and more for value and delivery of
results from IT and IT managers jobs are on the line.  Whilst I don't see this
as U2 going to increase sales 200 or 300 %, I do believe that there is an
immense opportunity open up for U2 packages.

Regards

David Jordan