To: "U2 Users List" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 11, 2009 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [U2] U2 is now Rocket U2

Now, Rob, wait a minute... also having over 30 years experience in the MV world, I have watched the "progression" from LP to tape to CD to digital (iPod, etc.), the real advances from kilobytes of memory to gigabytes, from megabytes of disk to terabytes, and from kilohertz of CPU speed to gigahertz. Audiophiles are discovered what I have always believed: the richness of sound of the old vinyl LP can't be matched by today's digital music, and the LP is enjoying a much deserved return to glory. I'm glad I didn't get rid of my vinyl collection, although, like me, it is showing its age.

I wish Rocket all the best. I hope they understand what they really have. Although I work with Jbase now, I have spent many enjoyable years working with both Universe and Unidata, and they, like all the other MV environments I've worked with, make our jobs easy and fun. I've tried other environments over the years, and have always concluded that I already had the best the computer world had to offer, so why should I use something else not nearly as powerful? It may have been around for many years, but it's ability to adapt to and work with the most modern of technologies keeps it fresh, flexible and strong. I just wish the rest of the world could see it.

Best Regards,
Charlie Noah