From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Wjhonson
Sent: 19 December 2012 22:41
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Secrets was Vinnie Smith

Then you're not understanding me.

I am not speaking at all of sites that use home-built systems.
I am speaking of vendors, who sell application abc, to *others*, and yet
their advertising is squelched by all the noise.

If I have a client who is say a video rental store (they do still exist) and
their existing software company has vanished, the owner is most likely to
say, gee let's look at what's available in the market to move our data to.

If I can say, here is another company, also making software for your exact
same vertical, and luckily, they use the exact same database.... that is an
advantage to me, and the client both.

I can't do that today, because unlike some other databases, their doesn't
seem to be any such resource to list who has what app for sale in the MV
world.