From: u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org
[mailto:u2-users-boun...@listserver.u2ug.org] On Behalf Of Daniel McGrath
Sent: Thursday, 18 July 2013 2:57 a.m.
To: U2 Users List
Cc: U2 Users List
Subject: Re: [U2] CentOS with Universe?

While CentOS is effectively RHEL, and generally speaking, runs fine, there is
always the chance that a difference is introduced (say an environment
difference on the machine that compiled the source) that could adversely
support UniVerse. CentOS 32-bit will be easier for you as our RHEL port is
currently 32-bit.

CentOS is not a Rocket supported OS. Rocket may require you to reproduce a
reported issue on a supported platform.

As a word of caution, we commonly work with OS providers (and sometimes
hardware providers) to determine the root cause of an issue. With RHEL support,
we have someone to work with, with CentOS we do not.

Regards,
Dan