I have been personally using universe on CentOS since version 5.1 (of CentOS) with ZERO issues, now granted I am using this personally with the personal edition of universe, the one issue you would have would be byte ordering (easily fixable) if coming from windows but you would have that with any flavor of linux/unix.

so in my using universe with CentOS over the last 5 years or so (in a personal setting) I have had zero problems

dougc