From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "U2 Users Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, April 18, 2004 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: GUI from Mv code Re: Crystal Reports

In a message dated 4/18/2004 10:18:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

For example, aligning this back to the original post, rather than

attempting to use CR for reporting, I'd simply create a Viságe.BIT cube to
give the users free-form enquiry and data exploration facilities into their
UV database. In our case we have replaced >300 sales analysis reports
currently provided in our R5 system with a single Sales Cube - and this is
one of the facilities that makes Viságe "better" than

AccuTerm !

Warning! Salesman quote!
C'mon Ross :) A dataset that includes 50 fields and I only want to see 6

on my report. So you replace that report with a cube where I (the user)
have to figure out exactly what I want to see, build the proper query
statement, format statement, display statement etc and then figure out how
to tell the system to remember my statement so next time I don't have to
THAT all again.

You replaced the 300 reports, with one huge cube where you STILL have

users recreating (or trying to) their original 300 reports...

Users don't want to see 50 fields, they want to see the 6 fields

they've been analyzing for the past 3 years ...

Will

-- Sincerely, Charles Barouch www.KeyAlly.com [EMAIL PROTECTED]