I agree. But thats not clustering then is it?

>If a users
>says "show me the on-hand quanties for part xxx-yy" and it doesn't matter
if it
>takes a second or two to come up, then UV Net or any other similar product
>would be fine.

I suppose that depends on the response time expectations of your users.  The
last time I worked on an project which attempted to utilized UvNet
(disclaimer: this was several years ago, perhaps performance has improved
recently)it was unsuitable for interactive applications (i.e. freaking
slow). YMMV

>However if that same user wants to update every sales order with (empty)
tax