From: ubnt_users-boun...@wispa.org [ubnt_users-boun...@wispa.org] on behalf of
ty...@wigi.us [ty...@wigi.us]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2017 11:20 AM
To: Ubiquiti Users Group
Subject: Re: [Ubnt_users] 2.4 throughput. gotta love being a wisp

Im no expert on the matter so probably shouldnt chime in............But, Ive
never gone off of what a ubnt speed test shows, always considered not very
accurate.  Ive put cheaper mikrotiks at my problem childs house (customers who
complain) before and tested connections that way though cause mikrotiks use
iperf which in my experience is more accurate.  That being said I personally
like to go to the customers house having the problem and take their que out to
see what kind of speed they are capable of not metered.  Also as stated earlier
95% of the time when a whole AP isnt performing up to par doing an airview and
picking a cleaner channel or swapping channels has resolved most of our issues.
 Especially on 2.4  I wish all of our stuff was 5.8 not half the problems with
interference or performance.