This is also quite interesting

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/504189/Comparison_of_ICRs_with_Danish_Session_Logging.pdf

Especially,
In the UK, government policy is to fund 100% of the reasonable costs incurred
by CSPs in complying with communications data retention notices. This means
that CSPs are not financially disadvantaged by compliance and are not
incentivised to pursue lowest cost solutions. This arrangement enables the
Secretary of State to achieve an appropriate balance between operational
benefits and the cost of CSP compliance solutions

I can hear the sound of jaws dropping in the home office when the quote for
this work lands. Queue a quick back track on this policy

Phil Bartlett

Comtek Network Systems (UK) Ltd
+44 7794 907171

Sent from my iPhone