Greg Erskine wrote:
> hi Matt,
>
> The symptoms you describe sound really weird. Of course the process you
> go through is not "normal". Who would use software that works like
> that?
>
> I assume you are using the latest pCP 3.22.
>
> I suspect a faulty hardware, SD card or RPi. I can't work out a software
> issue that would cause the situation you describe.
>
> I use the RPi1B so I am sure they work.
>
> regards
> Greg

Thanks Greg, yes almost certainly nothing to do with the software. it is
not the SD card, I have tried 3 of those and the same problem on each.
Probably my WiFi dongle, but I don't want to fork out for a RPi 3
without confirmation that the WiFi is good. Reason I posted here is
would be nice to confirm RPi 3 WiFi works well with pCP. Kidstypike has
given me the most encouraging answer - so will probably go with the RPi
3.

Matt
*SqueezeBoxes:* A *'piCorePlayer'
(https://sites.google.com/site/picoreplayer/home)* with two Duets in a
box in the loft :-(
*Server:* Synology DS214 (2TB) NAS running LMS 7.9.1
*Network:* TP-Link Archer VR200 router, TP-Link access point
*Livingroom:* piCorePlayer, Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/110/Headline amp,
B&W CM2 speakers