At 4:25pm -0400 on Thu, 30 Apr 2009, Casey Dahlin wrote:
>> Like it or not, this *is* open source software, meaning that however the
>> primary developers want to do it is how it will be done.  Whining
>
> But its /not/ open source. Not right now anyway. The source is closed,
> hence the thread.

Noted and understood.  Let me rephrase: the point is that the only
people in control of releasing the codes are the developers.  (Current)
non-developers may want it released earlier, but the only "power" they
have to that end is persuasion.

>> doesn't help, and, in fact, usually hinders the process.  Open source is
>> as much about the community as it is the final product.
>
> Understand the circumstances here. Aside from myself and Scott there is,
> to my knowledge, one other person with code upstream. This isn't a
> typical case of "community." Part of that is due to problems like this.

Noted.  I don't understand the specific circumstances, nor will I as I
am merely a lurker on this list.  My original thrust is still the same:
I hope Scott, and any devs not-inclined to release *right now*, read the
producingoss text.  I can only hope they take it heart.

Cheers,

Kevin