Quoting Kevin Hunter <hunt...@earlham.edu>:

snip

> Noted.  I don't understand the specific circumstances, nor will I as I
> am merely a lurker on this list.  My original thrust is still the same:
> I hope Scott, and any devs not-inclined to release *right now*, read the
> producingoss text.  I can only hope they take it heart.

I too am a lurker (as you say) on the list and concur with your
thought above, however...I'm sure we don't know all there is to know
about Scott's circumstances, nor is he obliged to share the gory details.

I have been reading up on upstart since we will probably be building
a project around Ubuntu.  Seems from what I've found online Scott has
been involved with this from the beginning and may be employed/contracted
by Ubuntu.  Which means he has schedules to meet and sponsors to satisfy.
For all we know he may have an outside life that needs attention on
occasion as well :{)>

June is around the corner and patience is always a wise council.
Projects come and go, people drift in and out.  Ubuntu seems to have
quite a market-share and seems committed to replacing sysvinit with upstart.
Let's wait and see what the wizard whips up in his cauldron.

Cheers,
T.mike
--just another penguinsta