It sounds like the tool you're using to generate the guacd.conf file is omitting the line ending character from the final line in the file.

Assuming it's just your text editor not adding the newline character, did you try adding a blank line as suggested previously?

See: https://lists.apache.org/thread/20s8lz1w9m5hc9y81rxfmg4lld1ppvll

- Mike