If the connection reaches guacd, I think some logs will be recorded in syslog.
What log level are you setting in guacd.conf?
If you haven't set it, the level should be info by default.
For example, I'm using guacamole-server ver.1.5.0 and the level is
info, then I got some logs in syslog like this when trying RDP
connection.

Dec 19 04:12:55 example guacd[3300]: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
Dec 19 04:12:55 example guacd[3300]: Connection ID is
"$855dc6f8-da0d-4ddd-bdb8-06b93e6d6afa"
Dec 19 04:12:55 example guacd[3305]: Security mode: Negotiate (ANY)
Dec 19 04:12:55 example guacd[3305]: Resize method: display-update