¡¡¡GENIUS!!!!  :)  :) :) :)

That did it, at least from my laptop.  Tomorrow I'll try connecting to my son's
computer in another venue.

http://www.nirsoft.net/show_my_ip_address.php
whatismyipaddress.com
https://www.iplocation.net/find-ip-address
https://www.whatismyip.com
And my ISP speed tester all had the same IP, giving no connection.

IPv4 gave a different IP starting with 192.....
so, http://192......IP:5080/openmeetings opens the login page in my laptop
and takes the visitor to his dashboard.
Changing
application.base.url    to http://192......IP:5080/openmeetings/
sent a link which takes my visitor directly to the room.

Maximus Maxim:
As my IP changes each day, or about, do I have to check IPv4, and use it for
invitations at each change?
What if I send the link to enter some days before the meeting and the IP/ IPv4
is different the day of the meeting?
Or does this mean I should tweak something else so IP is the same as IPv4?

I don't know what time it is where you are, but I'm going to sleep now.
And I won't need Cate Blanchet to sleep like a log.

A million thanks.

Richard