To close the issue, here is what I did to suppress all sorts of dates
and timestamps in Doxia and Fluido:

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/DECORATION/1.8.0";
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/DECORATION/1.8.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/decoration-1.8.0.xsd";>

  <!-- Suppress date via 'position="none"' -->
  <publishDate format="yyyy-MM-dd" position="none"/>
  <version position="right"/>

  <skin>
    <groupId>org.apache.maven.skins</groupId>
    <artifactId>maven-fluido-skin</artifactId>
    <version>1.11.1</version>
  </skin>
  <custom>
    <fluidoSkin>
      <!-- Suppress both visible generation date and timestamp meta tag -->
      <skipGenerationDate>true</skipGenerationDate>
    </fluidoSkin>
  </custom>
    <!-- Suppress copyright notice with current year by deactivating
footer -->
    <footer/>

</project>

On top of that, I needed this in my Maven site plugin configuration to
also address the same concern specifically in asciidoc pages (look for
"docdate" and "docdatetime"):

  <build>
    <pluginManagement>
      <plugins>
        <plugin>
          <version>3.12.1</version>
          <dependencies>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>org.asciidoctor</groupId>
              <artifactId>asciidoctor-maven-plugin</artifactId>
              <version>2.2.6</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>org.asciidoctor</groupId>
              <artifactId>asciidoctorj-diagram</artifactId>
              <version>2.3.0</version>
            </dependency>
          </dependencies>
          <configuration>
            <generateReports>false</generateReports>
            <generateSitemap>true</generateSitemap>
            <relativizeDecorationLinks>false</relativizeDecorationLinks>
            <locales>en</locales>
            <inputEncoding>UTF-8</inputEncoding>
            <outputEncoding>UTF-8</outputEncoding>
            <asciidoc>
              <!-- Optional site-wide AsciiDoc attributes -->
              <attributes>
                <!-- Suppress timestamp meta tag -->
                <docdate/>
                <docdatetime/>
              </attributes>
              <requires>
                <require>asciidoctor-diagram</require>
              </requires>
            </asciidoc>
          </configuration>
        </plugin>
      </plugins>
    </pluginManagement>
  </build>

HTH. Thanks to all of you for your support.

Cheers
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de