On 2024/02/22 06:59:01 Alexander Kriegisch wrote:
> Hello Maven community.
>
> When generating Maven sites, I like to keep the diffs to previous
> version to the absolute minimum before committing changes to a published
> site. My commits should only contain content changes. Therefore, I
> already use this in my site.xml:
>
>   <custom>
>     <fluidoSkin>
>       <skipGenerationDate>true</skipGenerationDate>
>     </fluidoSkin>
>   </custom>
>
> Unfortunately, I found no way to suppress these generated tags on each
> single page:

> They constitute about 90% of my commit diffs, making it look like all
> pages have changed in the commit log, even though maybe I just fixed a
> typo on a single page. How can I customise that behaviour?

I do not fully understand which problem you have. As long as you stay on the
same version of all affected components there should be no diff, but only your
content change. Can you elaborate? What do you exactly change?

The source of that metadata is stable from:
*
https://github.com/apache/maven-fluido-skin/blob/7cb683f5505badcb7ecac9569c8445ae435377d8/src/main/resources/META-INF/maven/site.vm#L20-L43
* https://maven.apache.org/doxia/doxia-sitetools/doxia-site-renderer/index.html