Hi Ali,

I observed ~1GB/sec on a test PutFile processor using an enterprise PCIe  NVMe
ssd on a single instance on desktop class hardware.  I plan to run more in
depth tests on server class hardware but will likely be on 1 Gb network. I
should note I'm not sure exactly how much provenance was being written.

The nifi-0.7.0  instance was a fresh install with no major configuration
changes.  I was using the generate flowfiles processor to generate 100MB
flowfiles and writing as fast as possible with a PutFile processor.

The SSD posted the following on the AS-SSD benchmark (completely unoptimized):
1.8GB/sec for sequential write;
2.3GB/sec for 4K random write (64 treads);
114MB/sec for 4K random write (1 thread)

On the PCie bus, you should easily surpass 800 MB/sec, especially if your
flowfiles are large and you have few provenance events.  The theoretical
bandwidth is 985 MB/sec/lane, up to 16 lanes; I was running x4.  The NVMe
standard should also help with smaller flowfiles.

Hope this helps,
Lee