With apologies, but can we get back to finding a solution to this problem
rather than slagging each other (and AOO) off.

I have used this suite since version 2 on OS X, Linux and Both 32 and 64-bit
versions of Windows. I have only ever suffered minor glitches with formatting
and some eccentricities with the spell-checker: both of them known and cured at
the next minor version update.

This is unusual and sounds very much as if a file format was wrongly applied at
the last save. Can we all concentrate on getting these two problems solved:
finding some way of recovering the document and tracing down the glitch that
caused this.

Paul Simmonds
Sent from my mobile