On 10/4/2016 12:12 AM, Rory O'Farrell wrote:
Just because styles are powerful, doesn't mean they have to be hard to use.
>A list of style attributes, and a diagram of how they propagate would bemost
useful. Does such a document exist?

>jrh

See the file referenced in this posting for an overview of using Style
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=275320#p275320

This document may also be informative:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Writer_for_Students
This latter document is "Writer for Students" (several languages)--
Unfortunately they don't provide the information I need.

The numbering system works until I insert pages in front of the body for the title, etc. Then every other page gets numbered, and if the number is odd, page numbering for
the whole document is turned off.

Is this a BUG in OO 3.3 that was fixed in later versions?
If so, is there a workaround?
If it's not a BUG,  what needs to be added to make it work..
The manual discusses Roman Numeral numbering of the preface,
and uses page break insertion options the version I'm using doesn't have.

jrh