On Mon, 14 Dec 2009 07:28:22 -0800
Marc Perkel <m...@perkel.com> wrote:

> If you think about it, if Barracuda, a spam filtering company,
> started selling access to spammers, how long do you think Barracuda
> would stay in business.
To quote Dean Drako of Barracuda on a 2008 visit to the UK "Just sell
them anything and we will worry about it afterwards" Draw your own
conclusions.

> Their customers who got the spam would move
> elsewhere. So I really don't think that Barracuda is going to sell
> out their main business to make $20 off of a few spammers.

If it's so clear cut, why is the option for the owner of the said
Barracuda spam device *not* able to disable emailreg.org, but they
*can* disable the Barracuda whitelist 'proper'?

When asked on this point Justin O Brien of Barracuda said 'We don't
want them switching it off'. Why? Possibly because it is a paid to
spam, pay to bypass Barracuda list??? If you expand that into
Spamassassin then that really is going to look corrupt. Please at least
try and disguise it a little bit better than that, FFS.

Don't underestimate those $20 payments. The last time I looked scale of
economy was alive and well given sufficient market. Drako, Perone et al
don't do anything unless there is more than the price of a cup of tea
in it for them.

I'm sorry if people take offence to that, but it has foundations in
reality. A place that seems to scare some people.

--
This e-mail and any attachments may form pure opinion and may not have
any factual foundation. Please check any details provided to satisfy