On Tue, 9 Mar 2010, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
....and you find it doesn't make sense to spam-scan messages and
reject them in/after DATA stage in a real world scenario.

You ignore my arguments. Hardly surprising.
You reword yours, but say nothing new.

It makes only sense if you are die-hard spam-fighter who wants to "retaliate"...

I stated my objectives and they have nothing to do with this pathetic straw-man argument.

Most if not all of your arguments are arguments for spam-filtering mail, not in favor of rejection at DATA stage.

How is that English-as-a-second-language class coming along?
I refuse to bore this group by repeating arguments that you so grossly mis-categorize in a feeble attempt to promote your point of view.

Last, keep in mind that filtering mechanisms in whatever stage are not solely meant for rejecting or spam-fighting, they are for *filtering* and then assigning appropriate actions - which often have nothing to do with spam/malware detection at all.

Now THAT is off-topic. We are discussing the use of SA at SMTP time.
Please stay on-topic for this group, and for this thread.

If you actually care to continue, I expect a reasonable response to my arguments about rejection being better than bouncing or silent diversion. Geez, you didn't even try to advocate a system of notices to the user to overcome the 'silent' portion of that argument. Do I have to argue both sides for you? :)

- C