On Wed, 10 Mar 2010, R-Elists wrote:
Charles Gregory Quote:Re: [sa] Re: SMTP REJECT after DATA
"The only efficiency to be gained is to reject as much as possible after the
RCPT_TO, before accepting DATA. But for systems like mine, with lousy user
cooperation, rejecting some of the mail after DATA is still the best
option."

i would say you are arguing "both sides" and that it might be the issue.

I'm arguing that with such a strong component of "YMMV" there is NO "side" in this debate that is so woefully wrong as to be labelled 'misguided', which is what I was responding to in my first posdt in this thread.

i would tend to believe that most have made the choice not to straddle the
fence

I made my own choice, as outlined above, but 'sit on the fence' with regard to my opinion on 'best practice' or 'misguided decisions', because I don't belive there really is any one 'good' or 'bad' decision (except maybe the decision to backscatter, but we all agree that is 'bad').

are you blaming the users for your administration?  ;-)

Naturally. All good adminsitration is customer driven. |-D

- C