dalmata writes:

> No need to use bad words.

Those words expressed my feelings exactly; other words would not.

> That is a personal attack

Correct.  As were her comments about Tom.  Her attack was more subtle
but it was still a personal attack.  I consider her attack to be worse
than mine precisely because it was disguised and intended to mislead
people into thinking it was not an attack but a call for unity.

> that is useless and uncomfortable to me.

I found it useful and comfortable.  You get to determine what you read
and write, not what I read and write.  Therefore your only way of avoiding
discomfort is to exert the control which you do have over what you read
and not the control which you would like to have (but do not) over what I
write.

> I am sure that Bill Gates would be very glad to read this thread.

I doubt it because this thread shows that nobody owns GPLd software
and that monopolies are not possible in Open Source.  The fact that
there can be dissent is entirely foreign to Bill's methods of operation.
Bill would be far happier if Inter 7 had been able to enforce their
desired control over Tom Collins and the users of vpopmail because then
development of vpopmail would have stalled again.  Bill would be far
happier if owners of projects could insist that nobody fork them
because they had left the project idle for several months and ignored
requests for bugs to be fixed.

> And Ben Laden to read your comments.

Dubya has done more to drive up al-Qaeda recruitment than bin Laden
ever did.  Which is only fair because bin Laden has always been a puppet
of the same people that control Dubya.  The attacks of 9-11 benefited
Bush and his cronies immensely, which is why the ample warnings were
"ignored," why the US Air Force did not follow Standard Operating
Procedures that day, and why there continues to be a massive cover-up
over events.  For a European you are almost as misinformed as most people
in the US yet you do not have their excuse of media willing to cover up
Bush's lies and incompetence.  This recent article by a UK Member of
Parliament covers only a small portion of the damning evidence against
Bush but should be enough to let you use google to find the rest.
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/iraq/comment/0,12956,1036687,00.html

--
Paul Allen
Softflare Support