[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
This will work, ofcourse, but that would make vpopmail obsolete. I just
might as well make system users then. I want the virtual users to chroot
to their domain directory automagically. And what about people who
manage their own domain and decide to add a virtual user through
qmailadmin for administrative (ftp) purposes?

BTW, why would that make vpopmail obsolete? I dont understand. vpopmail
handles the mail ant the system itself handles the users...

Juan

Because I want to use the same virtual users handled by vpopmail for ftp usage. I dont want to manually create ftp accounts for users who already exsist virtually. I know that vpopmail is for mail purposes, but I should be able to access the vpopmail user database from within vsftpd? They mention PAM as authentication, but I am totally clueless on that...