Ok... Maybe I don't understand qmail as much as I thought or I can't find
the info in the man pages. My understanding is if the domain is listed in
virtualdomains, then qmail-send treats this delivery as local and will not
read smtproutes. This is where I am not clear and would love to be
corrected. I don't want delivery to happen on my public facing mail server,
but I would like to run chkuser there to prevent bad mail from even coming
into my mail system.

I guess I understand everything you have said except for the relation
between smtproutes, virtualdomains and how qmail process this flow. If
anyone can clear this up or slap me upside the head with an obvious answer
that I am missing, that would be great. Thanks

Brian Lanier
Network Engineer
Quexion, LLC
858.573.2323 x2

4858 Mercury St., Suite 200, San Diego, CA 92111
EnterpriseMail - complete business email from Quexion
No more spam. No more viruses.
www.quexion.com