On Sunday 27 February 2005 2:42 am, Kurt Bigler wrote:
> on 2/25/05 3:43 PM, Jason S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 16:47:36 -0500 (EST), Ron Dyck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >> I'm currently upgrading my mail server and am installing simscan.
> >> Simscan claims that there is an option to configure vpopmail with
> >> spamassassin option:
> >> --enable-spamassassin
> >> (http://www.qmailwiki.org/Simscan/Guide)
> >> The allows vpopmail user options so individual users can set their own
> >> perferences.
> >>
> >> I can't find this configure option anywhere, but would like to consider
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Does anyone have any information on this?
> >
> > The document you reference tells you what you need to know as far as
> > simscan is concerned. If you want more info about per-user config in
> > spamassassin using sql, check here:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/UsingSQL
>
> Excuse the newbie questions, but I've been reading for two solid days now,
> and I need to start asking some questions before I fall over dead...
>
> Does the per-user config require that I switch my qmail+vpopmail
> authorization from cdb to sql, or is this a separate issue?
Separate issue. The spamassassin code is only in the development
branch. We are talking about integrating it into the stable branch along
with Tom's re-written vdelivermail.

The vdelivermail code sure could use a clean re-write. Thanks for taking that
on Tom!

> How are you planning on making per-user options available to individual
> users for editing?  I thought I had read something about using SqWebmail
> for this but I can not find the message now and can find no other
> confirmation, and the SqWebmail info does not seem to mention any support
> for spamassasin.

We are almost ready to release a new php web interface that talks to the
vpopmail daemon where we planned on adding support for this spamassassin
stuff. Hopefully we can release the new code tomorrow.

> Looking forward to having this feature rolled into 5.4.
Me too. And we have time over here to work on it.

Ken Jones