While I'd like to see 2.3 out, I think that the attention to testing
is really important and shouldn't be rushed. Even non-code aspects
such as getting the cwiki documentation all lined up and the obsolete
stuff removed is important.

Isn't the vote on graduation due later this month?  If so,  I think
that doing an extra week or two of cleaning/polishing might be worth
it in terms of looking good to the community. And then if the release
is post-graduation kevan's comments apply and 2.3 will look more like
a really solid product.

That's my 2¢

--henry