Hash: SHA1

It sounds like the general consensus is that it would be okay to wait until
after the board votes on our graduation before releasing 2.3 as long as there
is little delay after the board vote.

Mentors - Do you know if we can start a vote before the board meeting and
close it afterward?  The idea here being not to wait another 72 hours after
the board meeting to get the release out.  I know for me, it would be nice to
get it out by the end of next week.  I'll be on vacation the last week of June
and would prefer not to work on cutting the release during that time.


On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 7:32:04 PM Aaron Coburn wrote:
> I don't like the idea of another delay, but if this is just a matter of
> waiting one week until after the ASF meeting on June 20, then I would be
> inclined to wait -- especially if we have a quality release candidate ready
> to go.
> At the same time, though, I would really encourage everyone who plans to
> test a post-graduation RC4 to take a close look at the current RC3.
> Aaron C
> On Jun 12, 2012, at 3:25 PM, Henry Schaffer wrote:
> > While I'd like to see 2.3 out, I think that the attention to testing
> > is really important and shouldn't be rushed. Even non-code aspects
> > such as getting the cwiki documentation all lined up and the obsolete
> > stuff removed is important.
> >
> > Isn't the vote on graduation due later this month?  If so,  I think
> > that doing an extra week or two of cleaning/polishing might be worth
> > it in terms of looking good to the community. And then if the release
> > is post-graduation kevan's comments apply and 2.3 will look more like
> > a really solid product.
> >
> > That's my 2ยข
> >
> > --henry
> >
> > On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Aaron Peeler <fapee...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> >> I like the idea of having a post graduation release, but also would
> >> like to get 2.3 out.
> >>
> >> I would support either decision in how the community wants to go.
> >>
> >> Aaron
> >>
> >>> At this point, we may want to consider a 2.3 release post-graduation.
> >>> There are some advantages for this. There will be some desires for a
> >>> non-incubating release (no incubator in the name, no incubator
> >>> disclaimer, etc).
> >>>
> >>> --kevan
- --
- -------------------------------
Josh Thompson
VCL Developer
North Carolina State University

my GPG/PGP key can be found at pgp.mit.edu

All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which
are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public
Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (GNU/Linux)


Reply via email to