Given the need to move the svn, website, etc. I prefer to go with
Aaron's suggestion. Let's get the release out and then concentrate on
moving things.


On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM, Aaron Peeler <> wrote:
> ok right, since it will take time to move the svn, website, etc.
> I would like to push to get 2.3 out before graduation and then target
> a minor release (2.3.1) post graduation in August time frame.
> What do others think?
> Aaron
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Kevan Miller <> wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 2012, at 4:23 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:
>>> Hash: SHA1
>>> It sounds like the general consensus is that it would be okay to wait until
>>> after the board votes on our graduation before releasing 2.3 as long as 
>>> there
>>> is little delay after the board vote.
>>> Mentors - Do you know if we can start a vote before the board meeting and
>>> close it afterward?  The idea here being not to wait another 72 hours after
>>> the board meeting to get the release out.  I know for me, it would be nice 
>>> to
>>> get it out by the end of next week.  I'll be on vacation the last week of 
>>> June
>>> and would prefer not to work on cutting the release during that time.
>> Hmm. I'm not sure that would be possible… A PMC votes on (and is responsible 
>> for) releases. Before graduation, the PMC is the Incubator PMC. Afterwards 
>> it's the VCL PMC. BTW, there are legal reasons why releases are operations 
>> of a PMC. Seems simpler to wait and release as a true PMC. But you can check 
>> with the IPMC/Board to see if it would be feasible…
>> BTW, note that there will be some time required to move the mailing lists, 
>> web site, etc… svn moves, also…
>> --kevan
> --
> Aaron Peeler
> Program Manager
> Virtual Computing Lab
> NC State University
> All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which
> are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public
> Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Mark Gardner

Reply via email to