ok right, since it will take time to move the svn, website, etc.

I would like to push to get 2.3 out before graduation and then target
a minor release (2.3.1) post graduation in August time frame.

What do others think?


On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM, Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 12, 2012, at 4:23 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:
>> Hash: SHA1
>> It sounds like the general consensus is that it would be okay to wait until
>> after the board votes on our graduation before releasing 2.3 as long as there
>> is little delay after the board vote.
>> Mentors - Do you know if we can start a vote before the board meeting and
>> close it afterward?  The idea here being not to wait another 72 hours after
>> the board meeting to get the release out.  I know for me, it would be nice to
>> get it out by the end of next week.  I'll be on vacation the last week of 
>> June
>> and would prefer not to work on cutting the release during that time.
> Hmm. I'm not sure that would be possible… A PMC votes on (and is responsible 
> for) releases. Before graduation, the PMC is the Incubator PMC. Afterwards 
> it's the VCL PMC. BTW, there are legal reasons why releases are operations of 
> a PMC. Seems simpler to wait and release as a true PMC. But you can check 
> with the IPMC/Board to see if it would be feasible…
> BTW, note that there will be some time required to move the mailing lists, 
> web site, etc… svn moves, also…
> --kevan

Aaron Peeler
Program Manager
Virtual Computing Lab
NC State University

All electronic mail messages in connection with State business which
are sent to or received by this account are subject to the NC Public
Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Reply via email to