On Jun 12, 2012, at 4:23 PM, Josh Thompson wrote:

> Hash: SHA1
> It sounds like the general consensus is that it would be okay to wait until
> after the board votes on our graduation before releasing 2.3 as long as there
> is little delay after the board vote.
> Mentors - Do you know if we can start a vote before the board meeting and
> close it afterward?  The idea here being not to wait another 72 hours after
> the board meeting to get the release out.  I know for me, it would be nice to
> get it out by the end of next week.  I'll be on vacation the last week of June
> and would prefer not to work on cutting the release during that time.

Hmm. I'm not sure that would be possible… A PMC votes on (and is responsible 
for) releases. Before graduation, the PMC is the Incubator PMC. Afterwards it's 
the VCL PMC. BTW, there are legal reasons why releases are operations of a PMC. 
Seems simpler to wait and release as a true PMC. But you can check with the 
IPMC/Board to see if it would be feasible… 

BTW, note that there will be some time required to move the mailing lists, web 
site, etc… svn moves, also…


Reply via email to