Darren J Moffat wrote:
> Riny Qian wrote:
>
>>Darren J Moffat wrote:
>>
>>>Why do we need to expose the difference between
>>>console-login and vconsole-login ?  I don't think we
>>>need and more importantly I don't see a benefit to
>>>the admin in doing so.
>>>

>>The main reason is that the vconsole-login service is only available
>>in the global zone.  Actually at the beginning, I also tried to make
>>console-login into a multiple instances service.
>

> I don't see how that means you need a separate vconsole-login service.
>
> It just means that in a non global zone only the default
> instance is present and online.
>
> The correct interface here is to have only a single
> service name and multiple instances.
>
> I'm quite strongly opposed to having vconsole-login
> separate from console-login.
>
> If you need help working out how to have a the vt? instances
> only active in the global zone then ask the smf-discuss list
> for help.

We can check if we're in the global zone in the smf start method
(console-login); if not, disable all virtual console instances.

# svcs  | grep login
online         17:49:11 svc:/system/console-login:default
online         17:49:11 svc:/system/console-login:vt6
online         17:49:11 svc:/system/console-login:vt2
online         17:49:11 svc:/system/console-login:vt5
online         17:49:11 svc:/system/console-login:vt3
online         17:49:11 svc:/system/console-login:vt4
online         17:49:11 svc:/system/console-login:vt1

console-login:default is for the system console, others for
virtual consoles.

Does any other application or smf service (method) depends
on that console-login is a single-instance service?