On Thu, Feb 01, 2007 at 08:27:14PM +0200, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> > Maybe not switching off display while doing playback? It doesn't make
> > much sense anyway to run playback invisible.
>
> It does.  The typical use case is that you pause live video or start
> a recording with a timer, then start watching it while it is still
> recording, so that you can skip commercial breaks.  Then you get
> interrupted while watching it.  It would be very handy to push the
> power button.
>
> If it was a short interruption, you'd push any button to resume playback.
> If the interruption was longer (such as your kid wakes up and you'll have
> to put him back to sleep for a few hours), vdr would do the right thing
> and shut down after finishing the recording.

According to Reinhard Nissl's reply in another thread, this can be fixed
in the cDevice plugin by not blocking input in cDevice::PlayVideo()
or cDevice::PlayAudio() when cDevice::Transferring() holds.  I'll update
my shutdown patch for softdevice soon.  No need to change anything in
your patch.

        Marko