On 30/10/2009, abbe normal <1abenor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello guys
>
>  yes i do think this is a good idea...
>  as with different tuners they could be used for other lnbs like c -band and
> ku
>  i could only use my s2/s card for services on a c and ku setup then
>  tune and record from different types of services...
>  then each tuner could live on a fixed satellite if you wanted
>

>  On 10/29/09, Timothy D. Lenz <tl...@vorgon.com> wrote:
>  > There is the isue whereone tunner might be connected to an LNB on a rotor
>  > and another to a fixed. Knowing how the tunner can tune
>  > wouldn't help then.
>  >

Does the sourcecap patch not address this whole issue? Even if source
cap or something similar is applied, how will VDR be able to tune to a
8psk turbo-fec type channel if v4l2 does not provide any support for
it? It shouldn't be VDR's responsibility surely? unless 8psk turbo-fec
becomes part of the new dvb-plugin archtitecture of future VDR.